Tung Oil | Sweet Pickins Milk Paint
Sweet Pickins Tung Oil Blend is half pure, high grade, hard drying tung oil + half all natural food safe citrus oil (with no added driers). Tung Oil Blend is ideal for wood finishing and compliments milk painted finishes perfectly. The added citrus solvent is the carrier to help the oil penetrate quicker and deeper into the surface you are sealing. Quicker dry time.
Sweet Pickins Tung Oil is 100% pure, all natural, high grade, hard drying finishing oil. Our Pure Tung Oil does not contain any drying/thinning agents. Tung Oil is ideal for wood finishing and compliments milk painted finishes perfectly.
- Tung Oil can be built up with additional coats for an even tougher and more water resistant finish.
- Unlike other finishes that sit on the wood’s surface, Tung oil penetrates deep into wood fibers and when cured actually becomes part of the wood itself. It forms a matte luster hand rubbed finish that’s not only beautiful, but remarkably durable.
- A hard, beautiful hand-rubbed finish. No sanding, no brush marks, runs or streaks, water & alcohol resistant. Rubs In like an oil, dries hard like a varnish!
- Tung Oil is the perfect sealer to use on outdoor furniture that has been painted with milk paint or to refresh Teak!
- Tung Oil is great for any species of wood. Recognized by craftsmen to be the ultimate drying oil for all fine woods, furniture and antiques. Works great for cutting boards and wooden toys!
- Tung Oil penetrates and seals concrete floors and counter tops for a matte luster, non-slip surface.
- Our Tung Oil is 100% food safe after curing! (about 2 weeks)
- Covers approx 400 sq ft gallon, 100 sq ft per quart and 50 sq ft per pint.
Apply with a dry, clean cotton cloth or brush over your milk painted, stained or raw wood project. Let sit for 5-10 minutes then wipe off excess. Build up coats for a more water resistant and durable finish (allow 2-3 hours between coats). Tung Oil will dry to the touch in a day or so and will reach its final hardness after a 2 week curing time. Clean up with mineral spirits. Re-apply when surface starts to look dry. Make sure to properly dispose of rags to prevent combustion.